Dublin, March 17, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Global Electric Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution Market Report 2022” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global power generation, transmission and distribution market is expected to grow from $4,091.77 billion in 2021 to $4,433.15 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3%. The market is expected to reach $5,932.43 billion in 2026 with a CAGR of 7.6%.
Asia-Pacific was the largest region in the power generation, transmission and distribution market in 2021. Western Europe was the second largest region in the power generation, transmission and distribution market of electricity. Regions covered in this report are Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East and Africa.
The power generation industry is expected to see increased investment activity during the forecast period. Investments in microgrid technology, renewable energy, and other advanced technologies are expected to drive the market.
Power generation companies are increasingly using batteries to store solar energy during the day. These energy storage sites are made up of large lithium-ion batteries. These batteries store enough energy to act as a reserve in the event of a fuel shortage. They are designed to absorb solar energy and feed it back into the grid. These systems minimize the need for capital-intensive power generation plants, improving transmission and distribution efficiency and reducing operating costs. For example, by 2025, the World Bank Group aims to fund 17.5 gigawatt hours (GWh) of battery storage, more than tripling the 4-5 GWh currently installed in all developing countries.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces historical and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market in the context of the broader electricity generation, transmission and distribution market and compares it to other markets.
- The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
- The market size section gives the market size (in billions of dollars) covering both the historical market growth, the impact of the COVID-19 virus and the forecast of its recovery.
- Market segmentations break down the market into sub-markets.
- The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the market size by geography and compares their historical and forecast growth. It covers the impact and recovery trajectory of COVID-19 for all regions, major developed countries and major emerging markets.
- The competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares and a description of the major companies. The main financial transactions that have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
- The trends and strategies section analyzes the shape of the market coming out of the crisis and suggests how companies can grow as the market recovers.
- The electric power generation, transmission and distribution market section of the report provides context. It compares the electric power generation, transmission and distribution market with other utility market segments by size and growth, historical and forecast. It analyzes the proportion of GDP, expenditure per capita, electricity generation, transmission and distribution indicators comparison.
- By type: Transmission, control and distribution of electrical energy; energy production
- Per end user: Residential; Commercial; Industrial
- By Type of Operator: Public Operator; Private operator
Sub-segments Covered: electrical power distribution; Transmission and control of bulk electrical energy; Hydro-electricity; Electricity from fossil fuels; Nuclear Electricity; solar electricity; wind power; Geothermal electricity; Biomass electricity; Other Electricity
Regions: Asia Pacific; Western Europe; Eastern Europe; North America; South America; Middle East; Africa
Time series: Five-year history and ten-year forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, proportions of GDP, expenditure per capita, comparison of electricity generation, transmission and distribution indicators.
Data segmentation: historical and forecast national and regional data, competitor market share, market segments.
- Electricity of France SA
- Enel SpA
- Tokyo Electric Power Co Holdings Incorporated
- E.ON SE
- Korea Electric Power Company
- State Electricity Investment Company
- Exelon Corp.
- Duke Energy Corp.
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/7lq70a
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, top companies, new products and the latest trends.
CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager firstname.lastname@example.org For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900