July 6, 2022
The all-new MacBook Air with M2 available to order from Friday, July 8
Featuring a surprisingly slim new design in four stunning finishes, a larger 13.6-inch Liquid Retina display, 1080p HD camera, MagSafe charging, and more
Starting Friday, July 8 at 5:00 a.m. PDT, the completely redesigned MacBook Air with M2 will be available to order and begin arriving to customers worldwide on Friday, July 15. Supercharged by the M2 chip, the all-new MacBook Air features even more performance and an amazingly thin new design, larger 13.6-inch Liquid Retina display, 1080p FaceTime HD camera, quad-speaker sound system , up to 18 hours of battery life,1 and MagSafe charging. Now available in four stunning finishes – midnight, starlight, silver and space gray – the MacBook Air with M2 is starting to $1,199 (United States) and $1,099 (USA) for education.
New design made possible by M2
Completely redesigned around the M2, MacBook Air features a new design that’s remarkably thin from every angle. With a durable all-aluminum unibody that feels incredibly strong and built to last, it’s just 11.3 millimeters thin, weighs just 2.7 pounds, and offers an astonishing 20% reduction in bulk compared to the previous generation. And with the energy efficiency of the M2, all the capabilities of the MacBook Air are packed into a quiet, fanless design. In addition to silver and space gray, MacBook Air is now available in two stunning new finishes: midnight and starlight.
MagSafe gives users an easy-to-connect dedicated charging port while protecting the MacBook Air when plugged in. The MacBook Air also has two Thunderbolt ports for connecting a variety of accessories and a 3.5mm audio jack with support for high-impedance headphones. . Plus, the Magic Keyboard features a full-height feature row with Touch ID and a spacious, industry-leading Force Touch trackpad.
Stunning 13.6-inch Liquid Retina display
The new MacBook Air features a gorgeous 13.6-inch Liquid Retina display, which has been enlarged closer to the sides and around the camera to make room for the menu bar. The result is a larger screen with much thinner bezels, giving users more screen real estate to view their content in stunning detail. At 500 nits of brightness, it’s also 25% brighter than before. MacBook Air now supports 1 billion colors, for incredibly vibrant photos and movies.
Advanced camera and audio
MacBook Air includes a new 1080p FaceTime HD camera with twice the resolution and low-light performance of the previous generation. Combined with the processing power of the advanced image signal processor on M2, users will look great on video calls.
MacBook Air also has a four-speaker audio system. To fit into such a slim design, the speakers and mics are completely integrated between the keyboard and screen, while providing an even better audio experience. A three-mic array captures clear sound using advanced beamforming algorithms, while the speakers produce improved stereo separation and vocal clarity. MacBook Air also supports immersive spatial audio for music and movies with Dolby Atmos.
More performance with M2
The M2 chip launches the next generation of Apple silicon for Mac, taking the groundbreaking performance, power efficiency, and capabilities of the M1 even further. From multitasking to creating captivating images, MacBook Air with M2 is everything users could want in the world’s best-selling laptop.
- MacBook Air with M2 features a more powerful 8-core processor and up to 10-core GPU, so users can do more faster.
- With 100 GB/s of unified memory bandwidth and support for up to 24 GB of fast unified memory, it can handle even larger and more complex workloads.
- M2 also adds a next-generation media engine with a powerful ProRes video engine for hardware-accelerated encoding and decoding, so MacBook Air with M2 can play more 4K and 8K video streams than before.
- With M2, intensive workloads such as editing complex timelines in Final Cut Pro are nearly 40% faster than the previous generation,2 and up to 15 times faster for customers who have not upgraded to Apple Silicon.3
- Applying filters and effects in apps like Adobe Photoshop is up to 20% faster than before.2 and up to 5x faster for customers who have not yet upgraded to Apple Silicon.3
- And even with a larger screen and increased performance, MacBook Air delivers the same all-day battery life as before, with up to 18 hours of video playback.
Only with Apple silicon can there be this combination of performance and capability in such a thin and light laptop in a fanless design.
More charging options
MacBook Air offers a number of charging options, including an all-new 35W compact power adapter with two USB-C ports, allowing users to charge two devices at once. And for the first time, MacBook Air supports fast charging up to 50% in just 30 minutes with an optional 67W USB-C power adapter.4
Along with macOS Monterey, MacBook Air offers continuity tools like Universal Control that allow users to easily work on Mac and iPad. FaceTime includes Portrait mode and Spatial Audio to make calls more natural and realistic, and SharePlay lets Mac users share experiences via FaceTime.5 Live text and visual search uses intelligence to surface useful information, Safari includes powerful tab organization with tab groups, and Shortcuts bring ease of automation to the Mac.
Coming this fall, macOS Ventura will take full advantage of M2, delivering new features including Stage Manager, powerful new features with Continuity Camera, and Handoff coming to FaceTime. macOS Ventura also includes important updates for Safari, Mail, Messages, Spotlight, and more.
Designed with the environment in mind
The new MacBook Air minimizes its impact on the environment, now using 100% recycled rare earth elements in all magnets. It also uses 100% recycled aluminum in its casing and is the first Apple product to use certified recycled steel. MacBook Air remains free of many harmful substances, meets Apple’s high standards for energy efficiency, and uses wood fiber in packaging from recycled sources or responsibly managed forests. Today, Apple is carbon neutral for the company’s global operations and, by 2030, plans to have net zero climate impact across the entire company, including supply chains. manufacturing and all product life cycles. This means that every Mac created by Apple, from design to manufacturing, will be 100% carbon neutral.
Price and availability
- The all-new MacBook Air will be available to order worldwide beginning Friday, July 8 at 5:00 a.m. PDT at apple.com/store and in the Apple Store app. It will start arriving at customers and select Apple Stores and Apple Authorized Resellers from Friday, July 15.
- MacBook Air with M2, available in midnight, starlight, silver and space gray, from $1,199 (United States) and $1,099 (USA) for education. Additional technical specifications are available at apple.com/macbook-air-m2.
- Additional technical specifications and details on Apple accessories, including the 30W USB-C Power Adapter for $39 (US), 35W Dual-Port USB-C Compact Power Adapter for $59 (US), 35W USB-C Dual Port Power Adapter for $59 (USA) Compatible with World Travel Adapter Kit for $29 (US) and 67W USB-C Power Adapter for $59 (US) — are available at apple.com/mac. The 35W Compact Dual-Port USB-C Power Adapter is available to customers of Canada, China, Japan, Mexico, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailandand the WE.
- Every customer who buys a Mac from Apple can take advantage of a free personal online session with an Apple specialist, set up their product at select stores, including assistance with data transfer, and receive advice on how to make his new Mac work the way he wants.
- With Apple Trade In, customers can trade in their current computer and get credit for a new Mac. Customers can visit apple.com/shop/trade-in to see what their device is worth.
- AppleCare+ for Mac provides expert technical support and additional hardware coverage from Apple, including up to two incidents of Accidental Damage Protection every 12 months, each for a fee.
- Battery life depends on device settings, usage and other factors. Actual results may vary.
- These results are compared to previous-generation MacBook Air systems with Apple M1, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16GB RAM and 2TB SSD.
- These results are compared to previous generation MacBook Air systems based on a 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor with Intel UHD Graphics 617, 16 GB of RAM and 1 TB of SSD.
- Testing was conducted by Apple in May 2022 on pre-production MacBook Air systems with Apple M2, 8-core processor, 8-core GPU, 8GB RAM, and 256GB SSD. MacBook Air systems were tested with Apple 67W USB-C Power Adapter (Model A2518) and USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable (Model A2363). Fast charging tests were performed with unloaded MacBook Air units. Charging time will vary depending on settings and environmental factors; actual results will vary.
- Portrait mode and Spatial Audio require a Mac with Apple silicon.
Michelle Del Rio
Apple Media Phone Support
- Shocked by losses, PSU considers green energy as bailout | Ranchi News
- Charge your iPhone 13 anytime with pre-Black Friday savings on this powerful accessory
- Stronghold Digital Mining Completes Acquisition of Panther Creek Plant, Increasing Owned Power … | New
- New York Assembly member Cahill faces challenge for Democratic line in next year’s poll – Daily Freeman