- Application Number 2367
- Posted on 06/16/2021
- Location: Papua New Guinea
- Division: Engineering
- Type: Full time
Ok Tedi Mining Limited operates the oldest world-class open pit copper, gold and silver mine in Papua New Guinea. As a 100% PNG owned business, we are focused on generating profit responsibly to deliver continued benefits to the people of Papua New Guinea. We recognize that our talented and motivated people are essential to safe and profitable operations and we pride ourselves on developing and providing excellent career opportunities in Papua New Guinea.
SUPERINTENDENT ELECTRICAL OPERATIONS – HYDRO
Based in Tabubil and reporting to the Power Services Manager, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient coordination of all hydropower operation and maintenance activities. This position will ensure that electrical services are provided in a timely and safe manner, thus meeting all regulatory codes and standards.
Your role will consist of:
Manage energy operations staff;
- Ensure that Ok Tedi operational areas have sufficient power while keeping costs at an acceptable level;
- Ensure departmental goals are communicated to all power operations staff, thus ensuring alignment with overall business goals;
- Maintain strong relationships with electrical operations teams to maintain a high level of use of electrical equipment; and
- Manage the operational functions of the department and enforce the PNG mining law and special rules, established corporate and OTML policies and other directives of the department manager.
To be considered, you must have the following:
- A certificate or diploma in electrical / mechanical from a reputable organization;
- An experienced superintendent with over 5 years in mining or other related industries;
- At least 15 years in the maintenance of electrical systems, large diesels and hydroelectric plants;
- Good knowledge of key concepts of metallurgical treatment; and
- High level of communication and articulation.
How to register
This is a FIFO role requiring a commitment to our values of safety, environment, integrity, responsibility, teamwork, performance and sustainability. If you are interested in this position, please visit the “Our careers” page and apply online at www.oktedi.com before Tuesday, June 29, 2021.
The application closes : June 29, 2021.
OTML is committed to gender diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
Next: Senior Environmental Officer – Jobs with Ok Tedi Mine PNG